Friday, April 06, 2007

Où est Pantoufle?

Chips broken in the dip make me think of sinking ships. Playing Sigur Ròs for anything either-pole-of-the-world-themed is like cards with penguins and polar bears. I'm faking data that's not worth lying about, finding things I don't need, a wooden soldier, a hair elastic, a dime, a peso. My engagement ring's on the table where my little sister left it. Everybody thinks about eggs with the wide end down, but they don't stand up either way.

One-twenty yesterday was the most wonderful time, when Roux returned and the movie ended and Hanting said she had chocolate and asked if I liked caramel and I couldn't even believe her and she gave it to me and I back to her and to that other kid and walked out of class licking it off my fingers and planning to hug anybody all day, not that creep who asked me out last year but maybe Alex's girlfriend, when I thought -

Alexander, it's Easter Sunday and he can't possibly take me to lunch! I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, it ruined my mood completely.


I got a ruined shirt today and I can't remember where I put it. I was thinking about writing something in the bleached-out patch, something clever... "Colors are bright but they aren't very fast!"

I used to be less cute and a better writer. January last year was really good. That was when I wrote, "no prophet but the past," and, "kiss their kickass shoes," and, "your head is full of canal locks". I had no close friends, wasn't in love with anyone at all, and now even I can't remember the perfect note of insane poetry in the post about cleaning that refrigerator. "Can't use the bookmark without opening the Bible"! It's fabulous -
Can't use the bookmark without opening the Bible
Can't close the door before they hold me liable
Can't show you what to do, who you ought to listen to -
And that's as much as I can come up with.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looky looky, my own blogger account! Can you believe it, its an assignment for English class. I have to make 20 blogs by the end of the semester which my teacher will read. Not particularily complaining or anything, but like I'll actually write anything I really mean if I know she's gonna look at it.

April 09, 2007 7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what happened to the good old fashioned blog posts that were only about alex? sigh

April 09, 2007 10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home