Monday, March 12, 2007

Let's Hear It For Pipe Dreams

I like old-fashioned anatomical diagrams of hearts. If you have some, I want to learn to draw a heart from memory.


Let's hear it for the people you would kick out if only they lived with you.

My eyes are stinging, have been for hours. There's always been salt in my tears, so why does it hurt now? There's salt in the sea, salt in the bath, and salt on pretzels.

I hate pretzels. Let's hear it for tables of junk food you can't bear not to eat. I was sick and asleep all Saturday, and I'd like to go crawling right back.

Let's hear it for waiting all day to get a pile of junk mail on your welcome mat. I'm thinking of writing you letters, but I'm sure I'll come to think better.

My wrist - "nails driven through the palms will strip out between the fingers", and I hope that image haunts you - my wrist, it has stars, curvy brackets, ivy, birds, flowers, and "DENIAL DENIAL DENIAL DENIAL" drawn on. I did it reading Kafka in church.

Let's hear it for long-term deception, for decades of repression, for bad reception, and for concealing depression.
On Monday evening,
The cloudy skies
On Super Tuesday,
I wanted to die

And so you love me,
Sometimes I'm fun
But you only need me 'til
The darkness takes the sun

Away from me,
I've lost you

- The Submarines, "Vote"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

FUCK YOU AND YOUR UNDIRECTED HATE OF PRETZELS! PRETZELS ARE EVERYTHING YOU'RE NOT!!!! also... in like four days it will be a year... sucks don't it?

March 12, 2007 10:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, stupid bitch, pretzels are cool.

March 13, 2007 9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I won't like. I do love a good pretzel. Has Tarsha shown you that picture he took of me for his photo class eating a pretzel? It makes me look nice.

But I won't harass you for not liking them.

March 15, 2007 5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home