Sunday, December 10, 2006

Little Parts of Posts Never Published

I've known four or five Nicoles, and not a one has ever liked me. I think of the name that way - Nicold&haughty. Not only am I not a popular person, I'm simply not a popular person.

Words I've said this evening include "junction", "please", and "neologies". I'm just quietly organzing my music, reading A Streetcar Named Desire, and making little arty scraps.

One of this couple is bound in a wheelchair,
But she walks alone, he won't let her push him there


I've just never been moved to wish for equality or justice or world peace. I'm just selfish.

[Hysterical, emotional screaming:] I'm no comfort!

Today my aspiration is less worthy and more predictable. Try not to judge me too harshly for it.

I can only write about epic confusion so many times. Sensory overload tends to be a bit much after a while. Right now I'm not comprehending much of anything one hundred percent. I know I've exhaused everyone's sympathy, really, but none of that is to say it will ever work again.
Oh, that wasn't what I meant to say at all
From where I'm sitting, rain
Falling against the lonely tenement
Has set my mind to wander
Into the windows of my lovers
They never know unless I write,
'This is no declaration, I just thought I'd let you know, goodbye'
Said the hero in the story,
'It is mightier than swords
I could kill you sure,
But I could only make you cry with these words'

- Belle & Sebastian, "Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anna!
This is Meli. I'm just popping in to say hi. I like those song lyrics...the ones in the middle of the post.
You're a silly. What have you been up to?

December 13, 2006 6:25 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

They're not really lyrics, 'cause I wrote them. (If you wrote a song for them then they would be!)

December 13, 2006 8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

winter break.

you. me. hanging out. okay? okay.

call me.

December 22, 2006 6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home