Sunday, October 29, 2006

Clipping Words Out of the Radio

Cleaning out songs that have stuck around because a friend used to like them. Trying to read three books, four textbooks, two newspapers. Requesting magazine subscriptions. Planning a set of chemistry-themed calling cards. Avoiding math and science. Hating being told that's conformity. Turning everything into collage materials. Thinking ahead. Re-scheduling. Being alone.

I used to picture my friendships as smooth red strings connecting other hearts to mine. The better the friend, the thicker the string. Romance had the circumference of a fist.

I accept I will not have very many friends here.
Learning more and more about less and less and less
On the edge of your seat in some dark movie
Can you memorize the scenes?
They'll be different next week

- Cat Power, "Love & Communication"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry by brain's too wrapped up in itself to really think much about this post. Tonight's not a night to decipher Anna's writing.

October 29, 2006 10:04 PM  
Blogger anonymous jones said...

Hi! I like the way you write: really lyrical.

October 29, 2006 10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will always have a Shelby. Call my sometime. Meep.

November 02, 2006 9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home