Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Girls


Laurel
There you are again! I remember in December you were falling in rivers, and here you are running up with your phone. Yes, we just saw your then-again boyfriend go crazy, he went thattaway. My, doesn't your world spin a bit fast for you? You're welcome, now. Good luck.

Jen
There are people and noise everywhere in the busy dark street and you're the twentieth person to say my name at least. Jean jacket, leggings, shiny auburn hair - I know you. And then - no, I knew you, because you're gone now, and I took home your French workbook and didn't tell you until now because it would sound so silly. I barely knew you and I miss your silly embarrassed laugh. Maybe I'll cut out the black-and-white pictures of France in the eighties and paste them into things.

Brit
Thankfully, I've had to acknoledge you twice in person all year. Sometimes I find myself behind you in the hall, and turn so you can't get your claws into me.

Lucy
I don't remember when I first saw you. Too often I'm frightened of strangers. I'm getting over it, in a big way. You were the first of two new awesome people I've hung out with in the last week. I do remember the skipping, but I'm not sure how we wound up with candy under the bridge with all the things Alison's written. You're as alone and crazy as me and it's fabulous. I hope you and Necker don't sit on either side of me forever.

Alison
From the driveway in December your house looked warm and cozy. I wonder which is her room, I thought, and, I wonder what it's like in there. The play was a downer, the teenage drama was wild, and Emma's still a mystery, but the consequences are far more interesting. Lots of lovers aren't friends. We're absolutely outrageous, but it happens to be great.

Tonight I'll dream while I'm in bed
When silly thoughts go through my head
About the bugs and alphabet
And when I wake tommorow I'll bet
That you and I will walk together again
'Cause I can tell that we are gonna be friends
Yes, I can tell that we are gonna be friends

- The White Stripes, "We're Going To Be Friends"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot "adorable".

(it happens)

September 06, 2006 7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what about me? lol

September 09, 2006 10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I randomly came across your blog, and I can't be sure, but I think we're basically the same person.

September 24, 2006 10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home