Sunday, August 06, 2006

The Sweetest, Most Adorable Boy I've Ever Met

Alex, you're going to have to tell Jared to read his namesake post.


Jan (Gracie, whoops, Ginger the golden retriever not pictured); Max; girl I don't know; one guess who; don't know; forgot; Jared; my fellow barefoot groupies, Kelsey Chelsea and Alison Hat Lady.

I woke up before 5:30 this morning and I know just why. Sunday, of course. I sometimes write about misery like nobody's going to understand me if it doesn't read just as horrible as it feels. I know what it would feel like if I had not only to cry myself sleep but awake, and every night and day. I'm going to have to find some way of watching my stupid comments dig me deeper into my demise every day of the week and living with it.

Could I really have been prettier last night than months ago? The only difference was how mussed and gunked up my hair was. Still is, because I haven't washed it. I like this better, with my banana-blonde streak showing. My hair's never liked being combed and correct. I thought it had to be. And what about less irritating that I used to be? Maybe my personality has changed. Maybe Alex just needed an excuse. "You're ugly and aggravating" works as well as anything. I still annoy myself. I'm working on it.

Calling me obsessive just means I'm loyal. Is that so bad, really? Someday I'll be fabulous enough to bounce off the reputation he's given me. Oh, those days when the light at noon is hardly better than the light in the early morning that's less sunshine than milk. Yesterday was sunny.

This song made me think of the Ex-Guy, back in the day. It's taken me a while to feel it applies to me now. I didn't feel I'd started this story sappy or pathetic. Well, of course I did. I even tried his shoes on. If only you knew how I'm trying.
I know who I am, but who are you?
You're not looking like you used to
You're on the other side of the mirror
So nothing's looking quite as clear
Thank you! for turning on the lights
Thank you!, now you're the parasite
I didn't think you had it in you,
And now you're looking like I used to!

- No Doubt, "Sunday Morning"

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

(enjoying the title)

You know what? I might be obsessed with you, Anna, I frequently find myself at your blog before anyone has commented.

August 06, 2006 5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm gonna have to agree with Alison. And hey, being obsessive? It doesn't matter. Even though I still think that Alex is a ... ahem. Rhymes with 'prickhead.'

I love you, Anna.

August 06, 2006 6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry about the comment last night...(i'm still chuckling) i'm in a hotel room in wyoming (the most beautiful state i'vw been in) my dad has a fancy gadget that can look at internet. anyway, you were vastly less aggrivating than I remember, when I get back, i'll give you a call.

August 06, 2006 11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No way jo! Shelby is the most Anna obsessive!

August 07, 2006 4:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WAITWAITWAIT, JARED CHINCHILLA??!?!?!?!?!!

August 12, 2006 12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

by the way it's ginger the golden retriever!

August 23, 2006 9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

by the way, if you have anymore cool pictures of that night, i would like them please, also i want my fucking belt back

August 24, 2006 8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home