Thursday, July 13, 2006

I Don't Care If You Don't

There's a motto. I don't care if you don't. Say something cruel, say something behind my back. I'll know you don't care about me. And since you don't care, I don't care either.

People with strong wills take it that way. I sleep when I should shower, eat when I shouldn't, drag when it's to my pride to run. Maybe you stay away from me for iffy reasons. Maybe they boil down to poison. Maybe you embrace that, bottle up the colors and shelve them in your diary, you heartless thing, you.

Maybe I feel just the same way. Maybe your vitriol is in my veins. Maybe we're explosive. Maybe I have a tonic for every way you treat me.

Then again, maybe I'm still water to your oil. Maybe I'll always love you regardless. Maybe you don't want us ever to mix, but I don't care. Maybe you don't want me around, but I don't care. I'm in love. And I don't care if you don't.

I don't care if you don't
I don't care if you don't
I don't care if you don't care

I don't care if you don't
I don't care if you don't
I don't care if you don't care

I don't care if you don't
I don't care if you don't
I don't care if you don't care

I don't care if you don't
I don't care if you don't
I don't care if you don't care

- Green Day, "I Don't Care"

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is ringing so true right now. Oi, some people.

July 14, 2006 8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/1525/polkadots5pw9.png


Have fun doing nothing.

July 15, 2006 12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and to use it in the way I think you probably are going to, just replace the

background:#fff;

line with

background-image: url('http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/2497/polkadots5vs7.png'); background-repeat: no-repeat;

You'll probably end up needing to resize it.

(oh, and use the image link in this one- the other one was messed up)

July 15, 2006 4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anna's always in love isn't she.

July 19, 2006 11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still jealous that you are such a great writer- though you've said you aren't. I'm still jealous. You poor think, you. *heart goes out* When was out P2P reunion? I forgot....Whoops.

July 19, 2006 7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home