Saturday, August 19, 2006

Revisions in the Middle of the Night

Something's fanning my spark for outfits. Those pants I've only worn once, the ones that got me my favorite compliment ever - "Hey, Halloween was last month!" - those look great rolled up to knicker-length. Homemade ankle chain, and I can join the shoeless train. I'm enough style to look like substance, and I'll have to look out for glass.
You're kissing Rafe and there are butterflies in your street.
Riley, you promised the mirror you wouldn't cheat.
Do you remember your girl back home? She remembers you,
And you'll come to me when you see what you're about to do.

I'm the face in the smudges and the girl in the moon.
You tell me what you'll do and I say, "Not so soon."
I know I'm in at least one photo on your phone,
And once upon my bed you called my house your home.
Ooh, it gets worse and worse. And wow, the puncuation is just the same in both stanzas, and that came totally on its own. If I don't watch out, this is going to be a running joke.

The bigger the messes I make, the less there is to clean up. Can I get some life-sized mannequins so I can let loose all the personalities I've got chained to the wall? Can I get some strips of blank speech bubbles so I can write down the dialogues I trace on the ceiling? Can I get a pea to see if I'm a princess or some frogs to see if they'll be mine?

Oh my, am I getting lyrical and wacky.
I had a conversation with you at night
It's a little one sided, but that's all right
I tell you in the kitchen about my day
You sit on the bed in the dark changing places
With the ghost that was there before you came
You've come to save my life again

- Belle & Sebastian, "Funny Little Frog"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not understand. Yay for shoelessness!

August 19, 2006 11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Left to themselves, people will take off their shoes.

(I forgot who wrote it, oh well)

Cinema Paradiso is postponed, I do believe. Sorry.

August 20, 2006 7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home