Monday, March 31, 2008

Saturday Night


I like these soft, stubble-muffled kisses. You keep the count of boys above the count of girls. You are beautiful and I should keep this to myself.

That was clever, clever as a pirate - like Alison, like you don't even know it's happening. Did you? What do you mean? I was waiting all afternoon. "Nothing too crazy... maybe the Cell Block Tango?" I'll just go crazy slowly. I'd love a boy who will grin into my face and nuzzle. I'm afraid we started on the wrong assuption and that your liking me is no safe one.

Can simple lust be so loving? Couldn't it maybe stay like we made it? Secrets out? Secret's out.
Oh, love of mine, would you condescend to help me
'Cause I’m stupid and blind?
And desperation is the devil’s work,
It is the folly of a boy's empty mind
Now I’m feeling dangerous
Riding on city buses for a hobby is sad
Lead me to a living end,
I promised that I’d entertain my crippled friend
My crippled friend

- Belle & Sebastian, "The State I Am In"

1 Comments:

Blogger indie said...

Beautiful! Your stream-of-consciousness style sometimes reminds me exactly of my mind.

May 05, 2008 4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home