Sunday, March 12, 2006

The Rebellion

Nothing will surprise you, because you're afraid of the new.

You don't notice how often my power comes from being unavailable.

Your self-perserving knee-jerks were tired to begin with.

It's funny that you'll lock me in and trust me with the key.

You're stupid because you make the same mistake with God.

It's charming how my time is worth so much to you, when I so clearly don't mind wasting yours.

I love how you underestimate me, because it means that I'll beat you.

So I'm alone. I wish it could last. My music plays into the quiet and for me alone. I can listen to the obscenely-tongued without question, the classic without teasing. Why is that funny, anyway?

I'm sorry, Necker, that I'll never understand how your family was cut from the same cloth and sewn into the same quilt. I hope you understand that you'll always be a little warmer than me.
You're keeping in step
In the line
Got your chin held high and you feel just fine
'Cause you do
What you're told
But inside your heart it is black, it is hollow, it is cold
- Nine Inch Nails, "The Hand That Feeds"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait until college either. Our cloth has all but unraveled.

March 12, 2006 9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home