Monday, February 27, 2006

Unholy Octoparrot

I swear up and down the tallest thing you can find that I read about Necker and Fai's band on some music blog. But if I can find it now I'm Robin Fleshman, and it's making me crazy. I had one scrappy draft post about that. Envy Week being just past (it began, completely unsolicited, on the stairs last Monday), I had a devastated, jealous snippet written about some boy. And, I realized they were remarkably similar. Could it be true that I really do experiance just one emotion for two completely different events? The smooth bleeding together suggests the worst.

You always find it in the last place you look. Quick, come up with a reason to make that right. It's just a matter of not having looked there yet. Mmhmm. I get what I want and I want to find it.

Or maybe I'm really losing my head. This hasn't happened in a while, you know. Not since the days of the Ex-Guyfriend have I ever been so doubtful that something happened, nor so convinced that it should have. Memory may be tricksy, but life is an awful lot like a boring science experiment, you know. A little different every time, but horribly repeatable.

I did spend hours upon hours telling myself it was hopeless, but of course that didn't make any difference. Like an interior rhyme, it makes sense in my head and it was probably a bit too obvious in living color. I live in my head, don't you? If I can think on my feet, it's because I've been thinking with my chin on my hand, too.

Well, I did spare you the hysteric love poem.
And tonight, if I could sleep tonight,
We could walk on through,
I could drive, this evilness that reeks
Oh, I can try, but only you can free...

What's inside of me

- Starlight Mints, "Inside Of Me"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi, I actually understood this post.

March 01, 2006 6:43 PM  
Blogger Danka said...

me sorry? have fun @ zoo! yay!

March 01, 2006 7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home