Thursday, February 02, 2006

Partial Undress

Remember that idea I had about asking someone out via telegram? It would be unusual. It would show uncommon affection.

It's too late. Western Union discontinued telegram service last week.


And I don't blame them, of course. It's my fault. I held the idea too tight and the life dried away. I never asked anyone out, and certainly not by telegram. The tiny, adorable bottle of blue Korean perfume on my shelf is evaporated into dust. Regret it? You bet I do.

Tomorrow, I'll use some of the fast-dissappearing pink perfume. Or maybe I'll run out of time, or maybe I'll lose my mind, or maybe I'll do it the day after tomorrow.

I don't want to read a broken wall like a textbook. If I do it now, it might hurt. If I wait too long...

What better time to make it better than when everything's alright? If I can never live up to history... Carpe diem, carpe diem.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it would have been a good idea for turnabout.

Asking anyone?

February 03, 2006 10:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rememeber?

February 03, 2006 11:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm at 300 megatokyo! and I've only been at it a couple of hours...

February 06, 2006 6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

try message in a bottle next time... in his fish pond or bath tub.

February 13, 2006 7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home