Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Gold

Tomorrow is December. How'd we get there?

It's the season of earbud wires frozen stiff and yellow lights wrapped around the bottom halves of saplings. Finals, the week after next, are just close enough to loom, review packets like tests of tormado sirens on sunny days. The morning is as dark when I leave the house as it was before daylight savings time. My cutting-edge love intrests are worn down like golden-brown beach glass.

I've been in a curious equlibrium between being astounded at being in the present and just being in it. If time flies when you're having fun, lately mine has slowed down a lot. Einstein might say it's me, speeding up. I'm no Einstein. I say that winter is colorless and bitter cold.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here in Australia it's the season of melty soft earbud wires, sweaty ears and kitschy multi-coloured, multi-shaped, multi-function light displays with fake snow covering people's houses to win the local lariest lit-up loser award... okay, I'm just bitter because I'm jealous. I WANT TO PLAY WITH PRETTY LIGHTS...

I don't like christmas.

December 01, 2005 7:27 AM  
Blogger Harry said...

haha, I remembmer my iPod earbuds getting all stiff. I wonder why that happens...

the strange mysteries of apple iPods

December 01, 2005 10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw winter's my second fav season of the year--snow, cold (which is always better than warm), Christmas, New Year, winter break just when you need to take time off from school..

December 01, 2005 11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm jealous again!

I'd love a winter christmas/new year!

Stupid Southern Hemisphere.

Haha... iPods... enough said

December 01, 2005 5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How? After toiling through a long month of NaNoWriMo, dear.

Cheer up. It's the season of softly drifting snow and vacation weeks, too, y'know.

December 01, 2005 6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the pineapple pic.

December 02, 2005 8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha, yeah. I just bought a pineapple, cause my grandpa's staying over and he needs the fiber and stuff like that

December 03, 2005 9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anna, remember the good old days when you used to post once or twice aday?

December 04, 2005 12:41 PM  
Blogger Andi said...

I like the pineapple picture too. Did you take it yourself???

December 10, 2005 2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home