Saturday, January 07, 2006

Go Away

There's people you meet and hate. Watch your daily parade and put on Jackie's sunglasses when they come by. When you can't stand their antics any longer, stick too many stamps on boxes of styrofoam peanuts and send them away.

So when you meet people you love, fall down at their feet and kiss their kickass shoes. When they're gone, keep your eyes down in sorrow. When you see those same shoes, trim a different color this time, look back up to meet the new eyes.

And when there's someone so fabulous, someone whose shoes don't begin to cover his mind, reach out and hang on tight. For pure soul is vapor, and you'll find yourself hand-under-hand to catch the falling star.

And hey, you, you, I know you, and we were such friends. I'll keep on apologizing, if that's what it takes. You, you might have asked, I wouldn't have held back. I've defended you from your rumors, and I'd fight off your demons, too. What's a girl to do when you won't let her speak?

Secretly, I want to lie in the grass outside your house until you come out barefoot and replace the sun. Stand over me and apologize - you should know that's what I really deserve.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*confused* i love you, but sometimes it takes a while to understand what your writing means!

January 07, 2006 8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is this about anyone or just a metaphor?

January 07, 2006 8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is about multiple ppl and a metaphor

January 07, 2006 8:57 PM  
Blogger Danka said...

me know who u be spekin of... oh so sad... they're being big meanies, and I know how you feel. Things will get better, I swear. They will, in the end. Or they should at least, I mean, they're not a COMPLETE idiot.

January 07, 2006 9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that so fucking TRUE
and he's an asshole
i mean hypothetically speaking of course...
whatever
i am so calling someone soon and making them answer some question that just *randomly* popped into my head because i <3 you
-gina xoxo
feel better love

January 07, 2006 11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I told you.

January 08, 2006 3:23 PM  
Blogger indie said...

although it shouldn't; ignorance can indeed be bliss. ;)

January 12, 2006 7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

write more posts!!
love ya

January 13, 2006 9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home