Monday, May 21, 2007

If You Want Nothing!

I planned to relax and enjoy the excitement when I was on our way, when anything else that went wrong - traffic, getting lost, spontaneous human combustion - could no longer be our fault.

Why'd you change your mind and change back? I would always come back. My friend saw you downtown, thought you were supposed to be with me. My parents hate your guts again. Who'll ever teach me to dance?

Jerk, selfish, selectively immature, asshole, darling, I think I said all those things yesterday.

Though I'd like to be the girl for him and cross the sea and land for him,
In milky skin my tongue is sand until the iridescent band begins to play

He's my Brandy Alexander,
Always gets me into trouble
But that's another matter
Brandy Alexander

- Feist, "Brandy Alexander"

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'de write a lot, but I have to get ready for school. I guess I could just say, "My word, how unreliable."

May 21, 2007 6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least it was fun?

May 21, 2007 5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey anna this is utterly random and unrelated to your post, but do you still listen to gwen stefani?

got an email address?

May 24, 2007 2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry, i knew you wouldn't dance at the show... and i figured... i hadn't had fun in weeks, and i had fun. I met these college dudes. one played clawhammer banjo. anyway, the night was worth it... and i only regret having seen the arcade fire a little bit... but you still didn't dance (shrugs)

May 26, 2007 11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home