Saturday, August 04, 2007

Cruella de Vil



You can see the blue in her veins just like the red in her hair. Here's a sachet of energy, renewal, and protection for her skin. I wish it worked on the rest of me.

I overheard her voice singing. Does it not count because it was amplified? Is it real if it was only on a screen? Is it over because no one told me?

I went to listen to bad teen poetry instead. Sex, drugs, drama, oh my! We're young and we have bright futures but we're cutting and fucking and starving and smoking and killing ourselves and reading thesauruses trying to make it obscure like it means something. It hasn't changed me.

It didn't fool me, either - it just makes me look like one. I'm an outsider. My ticket's expired and now I can't go back. Of course it changed the day you sorted out his change into the rest. It wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't the only one. I'm cozy in fur, Playboy in 1964, smart of course but weak and lonely.
I've seen the company you keep,
You're on the sofa hidden deep
While on the telly Sid James speaks
To you like God

You're always looking for a sign,
But boy you blow it every time
You hear a voice begin to speak
You ignore it and go softly to sleep

- Belle & Sebastian, "Put The Book Back On The Shelf"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a lovely picture of me up there.

My brother dented our super computer a little with his car. But it's just cardboard so we can fix it easy.

Ps. The computer that Pineapple gave me was apparently dangerous and full of mercury, so I had to re-throw it away. We'll just have to find something else to use.

August 04, 2007 7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh ps.

Things generally went well at the beginning (You know with the whole... me and him thang....) but now Amy's a little mad..pretty mad. I'll elaborate more later.

August 04, 2007 8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought I commented earlier, guess not.

I really like this post.

Keep up the good work!

:-)

September 19, 2007 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home