Monday, August 27, 2007

Subtractive Philosophy

My brother's gone to the movies and I'm curling up to watch the small screen. The homemade song on the radio made me cry because I'm afraid there's only one reason I love what I say I do.

I'm sleeping and stapling, stalling, playing tennis with Jenni until it all goes away. The clouds are rolling in again. All the trees are waiting until they outgrow the sidewalks or until someone comes to cut them down.

The actor playing the newsman reminds me of the boy I passed up. I've been in love for so long it's breaking me to pieces. I should be swimming but I'm wearing boys' track shoes with the spikes off. My imaginary friend is a skinny blonde Sebastian I'll never meet.

The only place I've seen that name is on a tombstone. I can't decide if I ought to buy black or gold or boots or the same shoes again. Can I tell you, can I show you, will you understand? No? Well, I didn't think so, and it won't hurt you, anyway.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a dream last night and you were in it! We collected disgusting Christmas ornaments and I got hit by a car driven by a long haired man named Snake.

August 28, 2007 7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have an imaginary friend too, but he tells me crazy conspiracy theories and starts to make me a little paranoid about the world. but i thinks he's done that to other people too.

August 31, 2007 11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I finished your mix today, as well as the Bob Dylan for Hipsters mix. Be on the lookout for them in the mail next week! There's no fancy artwork or covers, though, sorry. CD cases just don't fit in the mailing envelope.

September 09, 2007 11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home