Friday, October 07, 2005

Apt Smile-Back

Spent today getting murderous blisters from my sandals and wearing G's Orange Crush t-shirt. It says "Have a crush on me" across the back, which was possibly the aptly last bit of me Necker saw of me today after promising to write me a note tomorrow. That made me smile.



Then Rasheed held shut the door I was trying to go through, tried to throw me down some concrete steps, and then did it again. "Saved your life twice!" I don't often flip people off.

Bollywood recently bought a ton of practically every type of Goldfish crackers. "Y'know, I have some in my room, some in the living room, some in the den, bag in the dining room, a bag in the kitchen... I think I even have some in my bathroom."

In Britian, Bryn's homestay family freaked out when she asked if she could snack on Goldfish. They don't have the crackers, you see.

"Everyone has an excuse to get bad grades sometimes," is what Necker said when I was being down about getting a D on the second part of my math test. It would help, I think, to stop spending quite so much of eighth period finishing off notes to him or sleeping. (And with some of the random rubbish that goes into the notes, I'm convinced I've been doing both at once.)

Unknown quotients, you must be using potions
How else could you tie my head to the sky?
This new confection has left me wondering why,
I can't concern myself with ordinary tripe

Like what's this morning's paper got to say,
And which brand of coffee to make,
This is no umbrella to take into the wind
But before we begin, is there nothing to kill this anxiety?

- The Shins, "Girl Inform Me"

P.S. Bouncy A, Sly S, anybody like that, is it at all possible I could stay with you for the weekend? Please? I don't want to go to Wisconsin! Hooray! Anna isn't going to Wisconsin after all!

7 Comments:

Blogger a said...

You can stay with me anyway! I heart you Anna!

October 07, 2005 9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anna you know what rocks?!!?1

Anna's blog does!!

Do you know what doesn't rock??!?!?

That Anna has been rather inconsistant about updating her blog.

October 08, 2005 1:05 PM  
Blogger Undecided said...

Why didn't you just ask Graffy to switch shoes with you? Might have saved you some trouble.

October 09, 2005 1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anna! You like The Shins?!? I officially love you. Girl Inform Me is quite possibly one of my favorite songs, along with every other song by them. Wow, this is amazing.

October 09, 2005 11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have a crush on me biatch!
teehee i luv that shirt... but i look like crap in it. you looked good :)
<333,gina xoxo

October 10, 2005 11:05 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

Stefanie forgets that she gave me "Caring Is Creepy", "Kissing The Lipless", and "New Slang"...

October 10, 2005 2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did I really? I knew it was too coincidental. Just shows how horrible of a memory I have. I bought the entire Chutes Too Narrow album a while ago (or at least, my brother did). It's pretty much amazing. You should borrow it sometime.

October 20, 2005 9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home